Tuesday, June 02, 2009

A NEW EXPERIENCE

Today was a day when things were perfectly mayhem for me. I had initially planned for a cool day with some Client Invoicing Look Ahead and preparing a file showing what cost and sales we are incurring for some of our items and then I would be literally free for the rest of the day and so continue reading Dan Brown's Angels & Demons. But as the saying goes " MAN PROPOSES AND GOD DISPOSES" ; the same thing happened. It began with a call from the client and I was asked to meet after lunch and as the food gyrated through my intestines so did my luck gyrate around me and grabbed with a python's hold. Next up was a call from the Big Boss - our over all boss at site. He told me to go immediately and meet the client's HOD and clarify something for which he was called even though he was in Calcutta--- a perfect example to set that I am so incapable that the Big B had to be called for when the person calling knew that he was out of reach. So it happened -- a gruelsome debate, blaming and counter blaming by the clients side over arrogant accountant and our own heavy weight senoir person who accompanied me. But actually the fault was mine - a bloody misprinting from my end put things in such dire conditions . But the over arrogant chap was not only blamming us for henious crime which we never commit in our history he was blaming the HODs saubordinates as well as they are not accountable for anything. It is at that time i felt the support for me coming from all ends- firstly my senior collegue banged that guy for putting our name to shame and then it was the HOD who bnaged him by saying that it was obvious to make mistakes when the mistakes are minutesimal and he could bring out the accountant's mistakes in scores and also he warned him not to make a simple issue so sensational. I was then let off with a warning and my senior was asked to verify my works by somebody individually. So I had to take some brunt for mistakes I committed for my carelessness and then rectified my mistakes as advised.
The day did not end there; it had more TREASURES to unfold. As my boss called from Calcutta to give him some datas things started to unfold how my day or rather the night was going to be. Having found out I am missing some very important documents I had a began a wild search for it and had planned to continued the search till eternity till I found out that now nothing could be done atleast till the new week begins. But then my boss (more of a friend and a guide) advised me to cool down and things would fall back in place when he would come back . so with nothing to do I had to take that advice
But the bottomline is that I had learned a very important lesson in life – to be organized and keep track of things. I learnt this the hard way. It was a melancholy day for me because at the end of the day I got the news that I did not make to the 2nd round of an intra company exam, I felt more so bad because I was rather hoping to clear the round after having been only one from my region to clear the 1st round. Had I cleared the round the interview would have been a cake walk for me and then my promotions would be quicker, a heftier package, and more importantly a I would have soon become a person from the management of the company ….. but I consoled my self by thinking that God must have better plans for me in store for me. For now its just nothing but I am crying over spilt milk….. I blew my opportunity to a wonderful career ahead…..I just hope that it be a learning curve for me and may this failure become a step towards success only that of late I am having to many failures

No comments: