Sunday, February 07, 2010

My Trip to Delhi

The other day I was in Delhi on some official tour. The trip was good tough the reasons for being there on the 1st place were not entirely satisfying. Overall it was 3rd time in the Capital City but I was equally excited to tour the place as I was on my 1st occassion. My tour was truncated thanx to some serious fog which resulted in our Rajdhani express being late by 14 hours. So my program for the day was cancelled and I had to wait till the folowing day's afternoon. Staying at Nehru Place I was very close to Lotus Temple, so I began with Lotus Temple; let me add here that this beautiful structure was constructed by L&T itself and that too at no cost, so it makes me feel proud to be a part of this organisation.
From Lotus Temple I went to Connaught Place - Palika Bazar. I hanged out there for a while seeing the beauty quen of Delhi. But I noticed one thing that every lady was pretty glamorous with a pall of make-up which was making me feel that in case to there misfortune if there happened to be a downpour suddenly all the glamour of all the girls would come off in an instant and then their faces may actually freak out anbody around. The Delhi girls are very unlike their Calcutta counterparts where true beauty prevails without any cosmetics to elivate the looks. I rather feel that in case there is a no cosmetic beauty contest our Calcutta girls will win undisputedly. Well, coming back to where I was , it was a good evening with some shopping, dining and BIRD watching and ultimately ending the day with a night shot at India Gate. It was my 1st time that I visited India Gate after noon time.
Next day was my departure but still I made time to visit Qutab Minar and Mehrauli Market and then again to Connaught Place to do some more shopping. The trip ended soon with a lunch at Janpath and I was back retracing my steps to Maithon.
Anyways to sum it up it was a nice tour overall

No comments: