Friday, March 12, 2010

COMEDY OF ERRORS

As the title suggest lemme discuss about the "COMEDY OF ERRORS" in my life which has ultimately given me solace through finally another comedy of error.
(1) First Error, during my school days I was moderately good atBiology but really good at Computers and it aslo appealed to me far more than mugging up some Bacterias,Viruses and other unpronounciable words. I had made up my mind that I was going to pursue Computers in my Plus 2 exams and eventually go on to become a good IT guy. But there I committed my first mistake - my Class 10 board exams for Computers did not go well cos people & myself had really high expectations from me and that lead to "Nervous Breakdown" and I could score only a paltry 78 marks resulting to make me think if I can actually make Computers my career. There I made up mind and my 1st mistake - based on one exam's marks I let go Computer for Biology in my plus 2.
(2) Second Error, in my plus 2 I really started liking Chemistry though my marks were not good because I never attended personal tution classes of the teacher setting the Q papers resulting into getting lesser marks. But I used to get good marks at the coaching classes I used to attend and was confident of scoring 90 and getting into either Presi or Xaviers. But in class 12 board exams I scored 86 in Chemistry and 88 in Physics(the subject I barely passed in school because on one Mr.Mukherjee who hated me as I refused his offer of coaching classe). So I knew with 86 I can't get into either Presi or Xaviers and I am not even a Christian who gets free liscence to get into Xaviers even with pass marks. With my name in the 2nd list of Physics in Xaviers I did not go for it instead I went and joined MSIT in Civil Engg. thinking that after 4 yrs I am sure to have a decent job being an engineer as I was never confident that a B.Sc coupled with M.Sc will get me the fortunes.
(3) Third Error, I was again studying Computers at college as a compulsory subject and I was good at it by simple flair of my computer knowledge and I was sure to join a top IT company
as they visited our campus on a regular basis. At 3rd year I got a job in Cognizant and was really happy, but then in 2008 came the gloom of Depression and our joinings got indefinitely delayed resulting me to start searching Construction jobs and eventually at the end of 4th year came the behemoth in construction industry - L&T Ltd. and I got in

All these errors have taken me to a level where I never wanted to be, given me things I never desired for and ultimately I wanted to do an MBA which also never materialised. But I am very grateful to God , my parents, my Grandpa and all my elders & peers to have been by my side always, making more determined with every failure making me more competent and ultimately helping me reach a level from where I would never have to look back and say taht I could have made a better SOUPTIK SARKAR out of me. The blessings have God had always showered on me and today I am really happy that though ultimate dream of an MBA rests I have ventured into other better fields which will give my career the boost to excel- for this I especially thank God,my peers at L&T and my immediate boss for developing me into far more realistic & confident Souptik Sarkar

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT

No comments: